A cleansing spray is a great spray to have when you don’t want burn smudge sticks. Great to use in spaces like an office space, your apartment, hotel rooms, your car and on yourself. It helps to clear away negative energies and purifies your space.
Here is what you will need:
Cleanse and Purify Spray
- An amber or clear glass bottle with sprayer top (if you use a clear glass bottle, store in a dark place)
- Distilled water (enough to fill your bottle 1/2 way) You may add more water once your mixture is made.
- 1 Tablespoon denatured alcohol ( or unflavored vodka) or witch hazel, to preserve
- 1 Tablespoon Himalayan or Sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon dried rosemary or 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon dried sage leaf or 2-3 fresh sage leaves
- 1 Teaspoon of dried basil or 1-2 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender or small spring of fresh lavender
- 1 teaspoon dried rose petals
- 2 – 4 drops each of essential oils (Rosemary, Sage, Basil, Lavender and Rose). Add more or less depending on how strong you want the fragrance
- 3 cloves (optional)
- Rose and or Lavender to garnish your bottle (optional)
In a mortar, crush all your herbs and flowers to release their oils. You may also try to crush/working them by hand, infusing our energy and intent into the herbs before adding them to the mortar for further crushing. If you don’t have a mortar, then you can use a blender or grinder that is solely used for your herbs.
Next, pray over your herbs and set your intention.
Add your herbal mixture to a fresh bowl of water and allow to steep while covered. Steeping by the window in the sun works nicely as this will infuse the Sun’s energy into your spray.
With a strainer, strain all herbs, saving the water into a fresh bowl. If you don’t have a strainer fine enough, you can use a coffee filter, cheesecloth or a paper towel. *Save the herbs to be used for a wash.
Pour your herbal water into the spray bottle then say another prayer over your bottle. Place the tops on and you’re done. You may add some of the same herbs to the bottle for future infusion and decoration (optional)
Shake well before using each time. Keep in a dark cool space or refrigerate, but use within 1 month before it goes rancid.
With the herbs you used to make your spray, you can also use to do an Aura Cleansing bath.
Add the herbs to your bath water and soak in the herbal bath with a white candle lit. Or you can add the herbs to a bowl of water, stand in the shower and starting from your upper body, rub the herbs downward on your body, washing away the bad energy down the drain (to clear and remove, you work in a downward motion). Make sure to rub under the arms, between your legs, the back of your neck and down your back. You may pour the remaining water down your body, rinse and dry off. While you are doing all this or just resting in the water, ask that all unwanted energies be cleansed away (ie: I cleanse away self doubt, lack, envy, evil eye, blockages, etc).
Dress in white after drying off (optional).